Latest posts by Alexander Jarvis (see all)
- What should a founder salary be? Check out this calculator - November 20, 2017
- Excel custom format cheat sheet - November 19, 2017
- CAP TABLE #14: The preference shares sheets – From Series A to I – of the cap table - November 16, 2017
Struggling with mobile growth? Well I found a mobile growth handbook with a list of 45 tips to try that’s worth 15 minutes of your time flicking through to list a few to implement and help hit your targets!
The deck is below, but I have pulled out a few bullet points on ones that are worth reading.
Some of the ones I like include:
- Before your app goes live use the text “Join the waitlist” instead of “Coming soon”
- Hustle for PR – the moment you get one journal to feature, email that link to all other bloggers and they are far more likely to post about you. Seems journos follow a herd mentality
- You need 5 ratings for the last update of your app to register. Get those 5 star rating asap to aid with conversion by hook or crook! Ping everyone on your team, your family etc
- The easiest way to be featured on appstores is to know people there. So network and meet ‘those guys’
- Launch your app in a smaller market like Australia. App features are more likely to happen at launch. So before you launch in the US, test in another market to have a more stale product
- SEO works for apps. Optimise your landing page!
- Incentivised installs don’t work. Don’t buy!
- Use signup to teach how to use your app – don’t make it so easy. You’ll never have the same level of attention
- Pre-fill user data on signup. Twitter got 30% better conversion by profiling handles
- Don’t send a ‘welcome email’ for a few hours, think about it as a first re-engagement
- Users with a promo code are 3x more likely to convert to paid
- User retention happens in the first 3 days of usage
- Email is a massive driver of retention and engagement
- Text invitation conversion is still the highest
What did you think of the obile handbook? Do you have any tips to share? Sound out in the comments below!