Are you the next NastyGal, Everlane or Amazon? Need a model which has been proven to help founders raise tens of millions of US dollars of investment? This is a highly professional ecommerce model for startups with physical inventory selling on their own site. Enjoy impressive results without weeks of modeling. This is the most comprehensive ecommerce model on the internet.
The 50Folds ecommerce financial model is the most comprehensive and powerful excel model available for ecommerce founders. Nothing else comes close. If you are looking to impress investors with a thoughtful plan, this is it. And even better, it’s just been updated with learnings from the new SaaS model.
This excel is awesome. Very helpful. Great! Again, this sheet is really helpful for both startups and investors!
Hideki, VC and founder in Singapore
Work of Art.
Peter, Serial entrepreneur in Indonesia
Whether you’re raising for your ecommerce startup, or needing to develop an operational plan to understand how you are going to grow and not run out of cash, you need an excel model. The problem is that they’re really hard to build. You don’t have time to spend 2 months building one, you need to be executing. Paying someone smart to build one can cost $10k+ which is crazy. There has to be a better way!
Over the past few years I have needed a financial model to raise for various companies and there was nothing around. Over the years I’ve build multiple versions and built up learnings. If you search around the internet you can find some models which aren’t exactly bad… but just really limited in terms of functionality. These doesn’t solve the problem of just having something which just works and gets you back to building (Which actually matters). This is the model I wish existed. It’s pretty bad ass.
Now, this isn’t for every ecommerce business. I was just asked for a subscription ecommerce version (like Dollar Shave Club) which we will churn out soon. This is for traditional eretailers with physical inventory they sell, like normally.
Download it now
The ecommerce financial model is available now for ONE WEEK ONLY at just $149. This is a huge discount from the usual price of $300.
Click to get fundraise ready immediately:
Note: I’m all about supporting struggling founders. If you are truly, can’t afford noodles broke and in the process of raising, email me.
Video guides to the sheets
I know you can’t wait to see what it looks like! Check out the beautifully formatted model.
Benchmarking for your financial model
Here are some great presentations to use when forecasting in your financial model and making sure your metrics are in line with reality. Flick through the decks as you work through each section of the model and check you are trending towards these numbers. It’s perfectly ok for your numbers to look a little crazy in the early days (When you have a few customers and little revenue, no metrics/ratios will make sense). What matters is how you evolve.
How the ecommerce financial model was built
The ecommerce financial model is a combination of the best aspects of multiple exceptional fundraising models which have closed single and double digit $ VC rounds, and learnings over many years of model building. All the learnings from top tier VCs have been included (The KPIs and charts they want to see). The best approaches have been combined and improved upon to deliver the definite model for founders who are going to execute big results.
We’ve drawn on our years of experience operating startups at early and growth stage to create something that just works. There is not a needless level of detail, nor a sparsity of assumptions to illustrate a depth of logic and insight. Everything included has been considered as to whether it adds value and if investors will “want to know and ask.” The structure also enables founders to change the model to fit the exact needs of their startup (particularly in revenue forecasting).
Who this is for
Are you building the next top ecommerce or physical retail startup? Need to provide a AAA model for Venture Capitalists to secure a big round or just understand your operational requirement in detail for strategic planning? Do you need a detailed model to understand every key aspect of your business? This is it.
This model is for all ecommerce companies that have a non-subscription business model. The model forecasts for a three year period on a monthly basis.
Key features of the ecommerce model
- Right timeline: 36 months of monthly forecasting with 3 annual summaries
- Flexible for actuals and forecasts: Actual and forecasts with sheets which combine your numbers in P&Ls to the exact month magically
- Staff: Manual and automated forecasting of staff. For most staff you can decide the month your staff will join (Such as developers or a CFO) and the month they are terminated. Furthermore you can set a date and salary increase (such as post-series-A) and salaries will increase on that date, and adjusted for bonus and payroll taxes and benefits. For support, recruitment and channel sales staff, your staff requirement flexes as you scale automagically to your desired assumptions
- Expenses: Granular assumptions to rapidly forecast your G&A, S&M, R&D and CAPEX. Logistics, photography, delivery and payment requirements as well as analysis of your unit economics are done in their own seperate sheet
- Cohort approach to forecasting: Get a cohort based forecasting model without the work. Input a few assumptions and you can see the revenue, costs, orders and units from each monthly cohort, for both first and repeat orders
- SKU breakdown: Rapidly forecast new and repeat revenue and costs for both consignment and outright stock by making assumptions for your SKU categories
- Comprehensive marketing plan: Forecast your entire marketing plan across paid, organic, email, blog and social media channels with no heavy lifting. All the relationships between the channels are deeply integrated so social rebroadcasts will result in newsletter sign-ups
- Detailed KPIs: Full dashboard of all your KPIs
- Charts: Breadth of beautiful charts to graphically explain your business
- Full blown P&L: Detailed, logical P&L explaining your business model step by step in the secret style some of the fastest growing internet companies in the world use, that is now available to you!
- Summary P&L: Easily copy and paste your summary P&L into your pitch deck
- Sources and uses: Get insight into your fundraise requirements. Four beautiful charts to copy paste into your pitch deck
Technical features of the SaaS model
- Fully integrated and automated model: Get insights from KPIs if your assumptions make sense, so you look like a pro with a plan
- Standardised structure on each sheet: Every monthly calculation in the ecommerce financial model starts in the same column which makes it easy to audit
- Consistent: Consistently colour coded cells for formulas, links and assumptions applying best practice from global, top-tier investment banks. All cells are perfectly aligned
- Comments: Comments on all assumptions so you know what to input and why
- No hard coding: No hard coded numbers in any formulas
- Open editing: Model is not locked, you are free to restructure as much as you like!
- Clear linking: Links to each sheet are always at the top of each sheet to track and understand where assumptions come from and what sheets are driving another one
- Separate actuals and forecasts in your P&L: Easily update your model monthly during your fundraise without fuss. Combine months by simply adding a date of your choice
- Dynamic year end: Set your year end at a month of your choosing. All annual adjustments are made automatically with powerful formulas
- Accounting: Cash and revenue accounting
- Forecast period: 36 months of forecasting with 12 month summaries for each forecast year
- Change assumptions every month: Make the ecommerce financial model assumptions as simple or complicated as you like. Every assumption is mapped out on it’s own row. For example, any month you want to increase your pricing for consignment repeat purchasing, simply change that month. If you want to keep your assumptions linear, the formulas support that decision automatically and by standard. Most growth assumptions also come with ‘optimisation’ rows
The sheets in the model
|Formatting||Set the dates for your actuals and forecasts as well as customisations such as your currency and denominations (e.g. Thousands of dollars)|
|P&L Actual||This is the P&L of your actual numbers|
|P&L Forecast||Detailed forecast P&L of your startup|
|P&L Combined||This combines the forecast and actual sheets together|
|P&L for Deck||This combines the summary forecast and actual sheets together for the first 12 months and for 3 years annual to insert in your pitch deck|
|Source and Use||Use this to figure out how much to raise and to present your ‘sources and use’ of money you raise in your ‘ask’ slide|
|KPI||A detailed summary of all your KPIs|
|Charts||Summary of charts from across sheets|
|Staff||Forecasts for all staff (Other than warehouse, photography and customer care staff). All the related staff and G&A costs|
|Expense calcs||Logistics including shipping, photography, customer care, payments and stock purchasing assumptions/calculations|
|D&A – Tax||Calculate your depreciation (there is no amortization) and your tax simply|
|Cohort build||Orders and revenue are forecasted by cohort in detail. All assumptions are at the top. Mechanics are below|
|SKU||Forecast your SKU and the revenue and cost basis per SKU which are critical for your margins!|
|Marketing||Centralizes the marketing data and applies conversion rates to create ‘registered users’ of your site (Which then buy)|
|Paid & Organic||Organic growth and paid traffic to the site. Feeds to the traffic build in ‘Marketing’|
|Calculates the sign ups to your email database. Feeds to the traffic build in ‘Marketing’|
|Blog & Social||Calculates the traffic that comes from promotion activities by blogging and social media. Feeds to the traffic build in ‘Marketing’|
Download it now
The ecommerce financial model is available now for ONE WEEK at just $149. This is a monster discount from the usual price of $300.
Click to get fundraise ready immediately: