Lovely to meet you! My name is Alexander Jarvis
I build startups, mentor promising entrepreneurs and advise institutional investors on internet startups in Asia Pacific and Europe. With amazing people, I have helped create some truly great companies. I thank investors for their trust.
I’m Founder of 50Folds, venture builder, and no bull-shit consultant.
I used to be a VC in Asia, but building is more fun.
A wanky fact is I’ve founded or helped scale 3 unicorns.
I also used to be a FIG M&A banker in London and am happier now. I plan on making a few dents in the universe, which you can’t do when you are helping others simply sell their businesses.
When I am not ‘doing startup’, which is rare, I can likely be found Russian dancing and probably (not so probably) talking about startup. Yes, both the former and the later impact my ‘social’ life.
Funny facts and possible lies about me:
- I’ve lived in four continents, particularly Asia (10 years in Jakarta). I am a little nomadic, in fact I live in Airbnb
- My most hated question is “where are you from”, this one still confuses me
- I spent a year learning to wiggle my ears as I read it was a hereditary trait. If I could give two fingers to genetics, then there would be nothing I could not accomplish through hard work
- I was in a band (briefly) when I was a teenager. I am not telling what kind though, but it was the late 90s and I had to win a competition
- I learned to breakdance and frequently attempted to break bones skating for a few years
- Part of my ear was bitten off by a Komodo dragon saving a girl-scout at a zoo in Jakarta
- I almost died white water rafting in Uganda, you figure out if you keep your cool in a stressful situation like that
- I would prefer to have a grand piano wherever I stay than an Aston Martin. I am a complete music nut
- I am a gadget freak. After “25” years of Microsoft I bought every Apple device in a weekend. If someone else comes up with a bunch of cool, new stuff…
- I ‘used’ to prefer to make complex excel formulas than partying on a Saturday night. I still do (sort of)
- I am very spontaneous socially. I tend to just do things, like get on planes and my definition of ‘notice’ is about 30 minutes (give or take)
I have a sincere interest in people, so if I can be of help please contact me (Ideally on LinkedIn). I donate a few hours a week to entrepreneurs. Just, please NO:
- Financial advisors (Please stop it!)
- Web agencies
- Questions where I respond using: http://lmgtfy.com
- If you add me on LI, send a message of introduction!