Lovely to meet you! My name is Alexander
I’m a startup mentor and I also build startups. I mentor, advise and groom promising entrepreneurs and institutional investors on all forms of internet startups in Asia Pacific and Europe. With amazing people, I have helped create some truly great companies. I remain ever grateful to investors for their trust and understanding. Over the years, I have met so many potential business owners who have been riddled with the question of where to find a startup mentor. After speaking with them, I realized that the problem wasn’t just about where to find a startup mentor, it was actually more about finding the right kind; a startup mentor that doesn’t sugar coat, So, I decided to be that guy.
I’m the Founder of 50Folds and we live for venture building and no bull-shit consulting. However, if you are stuck with something particular, you can organize a quick call with me here and sort that out.
- I used to be a VC in Asia, but building is more fun.
- A wanky fact is I’ve founded or helped scale 3 unicorns. I’ve built a lot of startups and yes, many have failed.
- I also used to be a FIG M&A banker in London and am happier now. I plan on making a few dents in the universe, which you can’t do when you are helping others simply sell their businesses.
- I mentor at a lot of accelerators and stuff.
When I am not ‘doing startup’, which is rare, I can likely be found Russian dancing and probably (not so probably) talking about startup. Yes, both the former and the later impact my ‘social’ life.
You can ask me a question and be featured on the ‘Ask Alex Podcast‘ here.
If you need a perfect pitch deck and are stressed out about your fundraising, I have a company just for you! Perfect Pitch Deck. Head over and check them out.
Funny facts and possible lies about me:
- I’ve lived in four continents, particularly Asia (10 years in Jakarta). I am a little nomadic, in fact I live in Airbnb
- My most hated question is “where are you from”, this one still confuses me.
- I spent a year learning to wiggle my ears as I read it was a hereditary trait. If I could give two fingers to genetics, then there would be nothing I could not accomplish through hard work.
- I was in a band (briefly) when I was a teenager. I am not telling what kind though, but it was the late 90s and I had to win a competition.
- I learned to breakdance and frequently attempted to break bones skating for a few years.
- Part of my ear was bitten off by a Komodo dragon saving a girl-scout at a zoo in Jakarta.
- I almost died white water rafting in Uganda, you figure out if you keep your cool in a stressful situation like that.
- I would prefer to have a grand piano wherever I stay than an Aston Martin. I am a complete music nut.
- I am a gadget freak. After “25” years of Microsoft I bought every Apple device in a weekend. If someone else comes up with a bunch of cool, new stuff…
- I ‘used’ to prefer to make complex excel formulas than partying on a Saturday night. I still do (sort of).
- I am very spontaneous socially. I tend to just do things, like get on planes and my definition of ‘notice’ is about 30 minutes (give or take).
I have a sincere interest in people, so if youve ever been perplexed about where to find a startup mentor, look no further and contact me ([email protected]).
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.