Tl;dr: 3 examples of presentations prepared by Barclays Capital for their clients in real transactions. Learn how investment bankers do their job by seeing real examples of the PowerPoints they create.
Legal notice for banks: Information is publicly sourced in EDGAR through SC 13E3 and protected by Securities Exchange Act, 17 U.S.C. § 78ll (1) (D).
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
About Barclays Investment Bank
Barclays Investment Bank has been an inspiring top-tier investment bank for around 10 years now. I doubt they will ever be magic circle.
Barclays Investment Bank (trading as Barclays, formerly Barclays Capital) is a British multinational investment bank headquartered in London, United Kingdom and a division of Barclays. It provides financing and risk management services to large companies, institutions and government clients. It is a primary dealer in U.S. Treasury securities and various European Government bonds.
Barclays is led by co-CEOs Rich Ricci and Jerry del Missier. Barclays Capital had 2004 income of GBP 3.4 billion/USD 6.4 billion primarily driven by the structured tax and rates businesses.
In mid-March 2012, Barclays Capital, Barclays Wealth and Barclays Corporate began transitioning to a single Barclays brand to serve clients more easily and efficiently, rather than sustaining the cost and complexity of multiple brands. Barclays Capital is now called Barclays Investment Bank, using simply the Barclays logo.
Barclays Investment Bank has offices in over 29 countries and since the acquisition of Lehman Brothers’ main U.S. division in September 2008, employs over 20,000 people, over 7,000 people work in the IT division.This has significantly increased Barclays Capital’s presence in North America.
Observations on Barclays Capital presentations
By virtue of being a newer player, their colors are more modern, as is their design to some extent.
Investment Banking Presentation Examples (PDF)
Fbl Financial Group Inc1 - IBD presentation - 2021 - Fbl Financial Group Inc - Barclays Capital
Medley Management Inc.2 - IBD presentation - 2018 - Medley Management Inc. - Barclays Capital
Hiland Partners, LP3 - IBD presentation - 2009 - Hiland Partners, LP - Barclays Capital
All the Slides (Images)
If you don’t want to flick through the PDF, you can scroll through images from the investment banking presentations.
Fbl Financial Group Inc
Medley Management Inc.
Hiland Partners, LP
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?
- Basic: Want to get a convenient file of all the 67 presentations? Get it here
- Premium: If you would love to learn more, you can buy an Excel with 374 presentations. Get it here
- Pro: For uber-nerds, you can buy a complete index of 3,490 rows of filings back to 2001. Get it here
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.