Tl;dr: 3 examples of presentations prepared by Credit Suisse for their clients in real transactions. Learn how investment bankers do their job by seeing real examples of the PowerPoints they create.
Legal notice for banks: Information is publicly sourced in EDGAR through SC 13E3 and protected by Securities Exchange Act, 17 U.S.C. § 78ll (1) (D).
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
About Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse has always been a solid contender for entering tier-one territory- once the best Swiss bank, is today barely surviving. The Archegos scandal led to an exodus of CS bankers leaving for the competition. Credit Suisse still fall in the middle of league tables.
Credit Suisse operates in three global divisions – Private Banking, Investment Banking and Asset Management. The three divisions are supported by Shared Services.
- Private Banking: Credit Suisse provides comprehensive advice and a broad range of wealth management solutions tailored to the needs of high-net-worth individuals globally as well as private and business clients in Switzerland.
- Investment Banking: Credit Suisse offers a broad range of investment banking and securities products and services to corporate, institutional and government clients around the world.
- Asset Management: Credit Suisse offers a wide range of investment products and functions across asset classes, for all investment styles.
- Shared Services: Shared Services provides high-quality, cost-effective corporate services and business support for the bank’s three divisions – Private Banking, Investment Banking and Asset Management.
Investment Banking Presentation Examples (PDF)
Newstar Financial, Inc.11 - IBD presentation - 2017 - Newstar Financial, Inc. - Credit Suisse
Wuxi Pharmatech12 - IBD presentation - 2015 - Wuxi Pharmatech - Credit Suisse
Cumulus Media Inc13 - IBD presentation - 2007 - Cumulus Media Inc - Credit Suisse
All the Slides (Images)
If you don’t want to flick through the PDF, you can scroll through images from the investment banking presentations.
Newstar Financial, Inc.
Cumulus Media Inc
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?
- Basic: Want to get a convenient file of all the 67 presentations? Get it here
- Premium: If you would love to learn more, you can buy an Excel with 374 presentations. Get it here
- Pro: For uber-nerds, you can buy a complete index of 3,490 rows of filings back to 2001. Get it here
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.