AN AWESOME EXCEL MODEL FOR STARTUPS
Forecast a B2B/B2C SaaS company
SaaS startup with monthly and annual contracts. Self-onboard and sales supported customers. Think Buffer, Zapier, Hubspot, or Xero. Cohort model with all the capability you expect including expansion revenue, churn and full marketing funnel.
Massive and complete
195,479 formulas across 29 sheets
Heavy lifting done for you
You only need to input your assumptions into the yellow boxes. The model is fully integrated across sheets with smart automations inbuilt to help you to scale up and down
For those that want to impress
This is larger than your CFO or investor has ever seen. You will level up your SaaS KPI knowledge as you learn to get the most out of it
Designed for PC (will work on Mac). Not coded for Google Sheets
This is NOT for wannabees
This is for grown ups that want to take their SaaS company seriously. If you want a model to quickly fill in "because an investor asked for one" don't go here
It is 100% worth every cent
2 reasons: 1/ you couldn't even hire someone to make this, 2/ it's not a model- it's a structured learning process. You need to use it to understand what I'm saying
FOR ALL TYPES OF B2B/B2C SAAS STARTUPS
Model designed for all non-enterprise focused clients (With a long sales cycle).
Here's me explaining the video fairly briefly and pretending to enjoy it
Who the heck is hawking me a financial model!?
Hey! It's me Alexander Jarvis. I like Excel and I love SaaS.
- I'm the #1 seller of startup financial models in the world
- Worked in M&A (Lazard financial institutions group)
- I intimately know startup and what VCs care about having done both for over 10 years
- TEDx, Top Quora Writer, accelerator mentor, fund advisor etc
- I don't like bragging, so just read my blog and download free tools to see if I know what I'm talking about
Free training course
I've made an 24 part training course to help you hit the ground running (It's also free)
What matters is that you understand your numbers and how key levers impact them. My model will position you to ace any question and communicate you get it.
I have 9 premium models that are very nerdy. You can't Google what's in my models. They took me months, not because I'm slow, but because I know too much. If you want to level up, this is your shortcut to understanding what matters.
Why not have a logical model you can take founder inputs and apply your own assumptions to and understand if your RoI works... without any coding?
Every form of revenue you might charge is included.
Expenses have been automated to enable you to scale.
There are extensive KPIs, charts, and summary pages.
The entire model is built on intelligent logic pertinent to marketplaces. It will be hard to argue that the model doesn't make sense, you simply have to ensure your assumptions are reasonable.
Every sheet follows a consistent format. A description, links in, summary (links out), then calculations.
Formulas are broken out across rows so they are easier to follow.
If you decide to scale down or up your assumptions, automations will scale too.
If you don't understand your business, models, or logic, you will get to learn how decisions impact you.
There are a lot of cool features under the hood
An insightful and useful model needs to work for you, not against you.
My models do require thought on inputs, but there are 29 sheets to support you to derive all the outputs that you need without any coding.
Want to know more?
Let's run through details and answer your FAQs
Details on the model
Want this model in a different currency? Now you can!
Convert all currencies in the model into one of 17 different currencies with a button mash
This model uses formatted currencies in $ (Why I use US Dollars). I often get asked if it is available in other currencies such as €? So I made an Excel PC addin to do that (It was hard!)
At the press of a button you can now convert the model into 17 different currencies. You just need to purchase the productivity addin.
Here are the currencies you can use with the macro:
|Currency list||The format you will see|
Part of the productivity addin
All my favourite hacks and time saving tools in one place
More than likely, you aren't a huge Excel nerd like me, so you probably don't know about macros? These are hacks to make modeling in Excel much more faster and less painful. I love them!
I've been making models for years, so you can be sure I know what is useful and what is not. I decided to not just make the currency conversion macro, but add in all my most used hacks. You just hit a button and it will do handy things.
What can you do?
- Automatically format your cells so they have 'investment banking' standard black, blue and green
- Change the zoom and cell position of every sheet so it looks great when others read it
- Save a backup of your model (v1, v2, v3) at the push of a button so you never get a corrupt model
- Add error checks to your formulas
- And a whole bunch of other nerdy things you'll understand when you are making models yourself!
- This is for PC. Gates hates Mac so.... All the plugins other than 'check sheet sizes' work in Mac, but I don't warrant anything if you are on Mac (Sorry). I'm trying to find a developer to rewrite the code for Mac so the images, tips etc work too
- Currency conversion only works on 50Folds models. It won't on any other model (My code looks for certain cells... There is a hack- ask if you want to know)
2 pricing options
Get a filled in model or the filled in model + a blank version of the file.
Filled in model
Filled in + blank
- The base model has been populated with numbers so you can see how it works
- You can edit it however you want
- This version comes with 2 Excel files
- In addition there is a blank version of the file with no assumptions in it to save you time
Purchase guide and note
Let's just get clear so you know how it works and what to expect
Getting the model
- Payment and delivery of the model is 100% automated!
- It's hosted on SamCart and payment is via Stripe (Secure)
- There are no refunds. These are digital goods you can't return
- If you have questions ask me first in the chat or via email
- If you aren't sure if this is the right model for you, ask me!
- After you buy you get confirmation emails from SamCart
- Delivery of the model is automated
- Note: I don't know why, but occasionally it can take an hour
- The file comes in a zip file. You need to unzip it (e.g. WinZip)
- If you're really stuck, ping me an email or via chat box!