Tl;dr: 3 examples of presentations prepared by Evercore for their clients in real transactions. Learn how investment bankers do their job by seeing real examples of the PowerPoints they create.
Legal notice for banks: Information is publicly sourced in EDGAR through SC 13E3 and protected by Securities Exchange Act, 17 U.S.C. § 78ll (1) (D).
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
Boutique M&A firm with two business lines:
- Investment Banking: Advisory services for prominent multinational corporations and financial sponsors regarding mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, financings, public offerings, and private placements, with exceptional expertise guiding highly-complex strategic transactions.
Research, Sales, and Trading services are provided to large institutional investors, free of the conflicts of interest inherent to the proprietary trading conducted by larger financial advisory firms and superbanks.
- Investment Management: Asset Management, Wealth Management, and Private Equity businesses, managing and investing capital on behalf of a broad range of institutional investors such as corporate and public pension funds, endowments, foundations insurance companies, family offices, and high-net-worth investors. Each business is led by senior investment professionals with extensive experience in their field and a significant, long-term ownership position in their business.
Investment Banking Presentation Examples (PDF)
Gci Liberty, Inc20 - IBD presentation - 2020 - Gci Liberty, Inc - Evercore Group
Tallgrass Energy, LP21 - IBD presentation - 2020 - Tallgrass Energy, LP - Evercore Group
Dryships Inc.22 - IBD presentation - 2019 - Dryships Inc. - Evercore Group
All the Slides (Images)
If you don’t want to flick through the PDF, you can scroll through images from the investment banking presentations.
Gci Liberty, Inc
Tallgrass Energy, LP
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?
- Basic: Want to get a convenient file of all the 67 presentations? Get it here
- Premium: If you would love to learn more, you can buy an Excel with 374 presentations. Get it here
- Pro: For uber-nerds, you can buy a complete index of 3,490 rows of filings back to 2001. Get it here
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.