Tl;dr: 5 examples of presentations prepared by Goldman Sachs for their clients in real transactions. Learn how investment bankers do their job by seeing real examples of the PowerPoints they create.
Legal notice for banks: Information is publicly sourced in EDGAR through SC 13E3 and protected by Securities Exchange Act, 17 U.S.C. § 78ll (1) (D).
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
About Goldman Sachs
Top tier bulge bracket firm, consistently ranked number one.
Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
- INVESTMENT BANKING: Goldman Sachs provides a broad range of investment banking services to a diverse group of corporations, financial institutions,investment funds and governments. Services include advisory assignments with respect to mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, corporate defense activities, risk management, restructurings and spin-offs, and debt and equity under writing of public offerings and private placements, as well as derivative transactions directly related to these activities.
- INVESTING & LENDING: Goldman Sachs invests in and originate loans to provide financing to clients. These investments and loans are typically longer-term in nature. The company make investments, directly and indirectly through funds that we manage, in debt securities, loans, public and private equity securities, real estate, consolidated investment entities and power generation facilities.
- INSTITUTIONAL CLIENT SERVICES: Goldman Sachs facilitates client transactions and makes markets in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products, primarily with institutional clients such as corporates, financial institutions, investment funds and governments. The company also makes markets and clears client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide and provides financing, securities lending and prime brokerage services to institutional clients
- INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: Goldman Sachs provides investment management services and offer investment products (primarily through separately managed accounts and commingled vehicles, such as mutual funds and private investment funds) across all major asset classes to a diverse set of institutional and individual clients. The company also offers wealth advisory services, including portfolio management and financial counseling, and brokerage and other transaction services to high-net-worth individuals and families.
Investment Banking Presentation Examples (PDF)
Craft Brew Alliance, Inc.23 - IBD presentation - 2019 - Craft Brew Alliance, Inc. - Goldman, Sachs
Antero Midstream Partners LP24 - IBD presentation - 2019 - Antero Midstream Partners LP - Goldman, Sachs
International Speedway Corp26 - IBD presentation - 2019 - International Speedway Corp - Goldman, Sachs
GGP Inc.27 - IBD presentation - 2018 - GGP Inc. - Goldman, Sachs
Asiainfo-Linkage, Inc28 - IBD presentation - 2013 - Asiainfo-Linkage, Inc - Goldman, Sachs
All the Slides (Images)
If you don’t want to flick through the PDF, you can scroll through images from the investment banking presentations.
Craft Brew Alliance, Inc.
Antero Midstream Partners LP
International Speedway Corp
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?