Tl;dr: 3 examples of presentations prepared by Jefferies for their clients in real transactions. Learn how investment bankers do their job by seeing real examples of the PowerPoints they create.
Legal notice for banks: Information is publicly sourced in EDGAR through SC 13E3 and protected by Securities Exchange Act, 17 U.S.C. § 78ll (1) (D).
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
Jefferies is usually referred to as a middle-market bank, set apart from the well-known Goldman Sachs (GS), JPMorgan (JPM), Morgan Stanley (MS) and other Bulge brackets. They are the top MM bank. They won’t ever move up to a BB level because that’s not where they’re looking to go. They currently do a great job within the MM world, that’s their niche. They’re the top player there. Their employees know how to do MM deals and have experience churning out a ridiculous amount of small to medium-sized deals.
Investment Banking Presentation Examples (PDF)
Columbia Pipeline Partners LP38 - IBD presentation - 2016 - Columbia Pipeline Partners LP - Jefferies Broadview
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners39 - IBD presentation - 2014 - Kinder Morgan Energy Partners - Jefferies Broadview
All the Slides (Images)
If you don’t want to flick through the PDF, you can scroll through images from the investment banking presentations.
Columbia Pipeline Partners LP
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?