Here’s the Canvas pitch deck used to raise their $9m series-D from River Cities Capital Funds. Given the fact that it is entitled “The 10 most interesting slides that helped our SaaS company raise $9 million” it’s clearly not the full bob, but you get an idea of their deck. Canvas has raised from some great investors in the past including Union Square Ventures and SV Angel.
Canvas helps you replace your business paperwork with mobile apps and forms to save time and money.
Canvas is a cloud-based software service that allows businesses to replace expensive and inefficient paper forms with powerful apps on their smartphones and tablets. Canvas enables users to easily collect information using mobile devices, share that information and integrate with existing backend systems. Canvas also offers the first business-only application store of its kind, with 13,000+ pre-built, fully customizable apps that work on all mobile platforms and serve 30+ vertical markets.
Every Canvas app is customizable by the end user and can incorporate functionality such as GPS, image capture, dispatch, barcode scanning, electronic signatures, push notifications and access to business data such as parts catalogs, price lists and patient records.
To date, Canvas has automated millions of manual processes and replaced over 30 tons of paper for businesses, making it one of the fastest growing mobile app services in the world.
The deck is generally well structured. They apply a fair amount of best practice. Fundamentally it is a little ugly though. It got the job done in any case.
- The deck starts out mapping historic trends of a shift from analog to digital in order to set up the evolution for their business model- one of paper to tablet. This is a useful way to phrase your business too
- They reference their statements with sources
- The show their traction in the ‘rapid growth and market penetration’ slide. They illustrate some great growth (even if everything is ugly)
- Font size on their problem slide is a little small. There is a lot more space for them to enlarge the text and format better. I don’t find the problem slide terribly compelling or painful
- The solution slide “Canvas revolutionizes how work is done’ is a little lame. It’s just a statement with an image of an app. It doesn’t say much
- The opportunity slide, or market sizing slide sets out a TAM at between $25-35bn. This is fine per se, but the means by which they account for the addressable market is not. “Any business that collects information” is a bit silly. It would be far better to be more targeted
- ‘How Canvas works’ is a little confusing. It doesn’t really explain what the product does- rather it seems to explain how the sign up process works
- ‘Why businesses love canvas’ is good in princple, but there are far too many references and the text is tiny. It’s a very ugly slide
Canvas pitch deck reading material
Mobile business apps firm Canvas lands $4m from Motorola Solutions VC and others
Canvas pitch deck
Need help with your deck?
Head over to Perfect Pitch Deck. Competitive pricing and expert assistance to get you fundraise ready and confident.
Want to see the 100 other pitch decks?
If you love pitch decks, check out the ultimate pitch deck collection here!
Something interesting to read…
- Super hack for annoying LinkedIn connection requests
- The Double Opt-In Email Introduction
- Email can suck less. Use this banker system to make startup emails work for your team
- Ask dumb questions. It’s the smartest thing you can do
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.