Tl;dr: Part of a collection of real examples of M&A investment banking slides. This blog covers what a full valuation looks like. See the PowerPoint presentations investment bankers are paid millions for. No matter your job, or your aspirations, you can learn from these slides.
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Collection of M&A slide examples
The main page for all the M&A resources is here.
I have broken out 827 examples of slides across 32 sections. You can click through to the section you want to learn about next here:
Is this blog for you?
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
I have shared 67 full investment banking presentations across 20 banks. I’ve also created 20 or so blogs with 830 real examples of slides. I thought why not stick a couple of full valuation sections into a blog, so you can see the parts together.
These aren’t overly complicated examples but they cover the basics. The basics are normally:
All the other analyses that you might do are less common, or specific to the type of deal that you do. For example:
- Premium paid
- Merger model (I don’t have any public examples)
- LBO etc.
Examples of Valuations
Toronto Dominion valuation example
Santander valuation example
Moelis valuation example
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?
- Basic: Want to get a convenient file of all the 67 presentations? Get it here
- Premium: If you would love to learn more, you can buy an Excel with 374 presentations. Get it here
- Pro: For uber-nerds, you can buy a complete index of 3,490 rows of filings back to 2001. Get it here
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.