Tl;dr: Part of a collection of real examples of M&A investment banking slides. This blog covers Football Field. See the PowerPoint presentations investment bankers are paid millions for. No matter your job, or your aspirations, you can learn from these slides.
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Collection of M&A slide examples
The main page for all the M&A resources is here.
I have broken out 827 examples of slides across 32 sections. You can click through to the section you want to learn about next here:
Is this blog for you?
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
About Football Field
When you do a load of valuations it makes sense to summarise them, right? Well, welcome to the football field. It’s just a chart with all the valuations mapped on it. That’s really it, but they’re great slides to make. I can totally imagine having an entire conversation with a client with just this slide.
Here are some of the analyses that you will do for a football field.
Why these slides are made
Bankers want to show they do lots of work. Summary slides like this are fab to show potential valuation ranges from all your work and show a price point. If you have recieved offers you can map them onto your valuations and show whether the offer is high or low. If the offer is higher than all your valuations, well you might just have a deal.
Comments on making these slides
You might look at some of these football field examples and just think what the actual fark! They’re not actually hard, they’re just outputs with some analysis. You just make a basic chart and then you stick a bunch of comments to it. They can end up looking all fancy like these ones.
Examples of Football Field
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?