Tl;dr: Part of a collection of real examples of M&A investment banking slides. This blog covers Executive Summary. See the PowerPoint presentations investment bankers are paid millions for. No matter your job, or your aspirations, you can learn from these slides.
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Collection of M&A slide examples
The main page for all the M&A resources is here.
I have broken out 827 examples of slides across 32 sections. You can click through to the section you want to learn about next here:
Is this blog for you?
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
About Executive Summary
Executive summary means here is the short version of where we are to date.
Pretty much every presentation has an executive summary. The content changes, but the principles are the same:
- Remind the client where the heck we are
- Prove that we are paying attention and know what is happening
Typically a summary is going to set out:
- Where we are now in the process
- What is happening with the transaction and any offers
Why these slides are made
A lot of banking is proving that you are putting in the work to justify the huge fees you are charging.
Comments on making these slides
The messed up thing as a minion in banking is that your MDs honestly can’t be fecked to tell you anything after they talk to a client, but you’re magically meant to know everything that’s happening such that you can spell it out in a lovely summary. I can remember asking for updates and seniors being annoyed and not having time to talk to you, then being given out for not knowing WTF is going on.
Examples of Executive Summary
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?
- Basic: Want to get a convenient file of all the 67 presentations? Get it here
- Premium: If you would love to learn more, you can buy an Excel with 374 presentations. Get it here
- Pro: For uber-nerds, you can buy a complete index of 3,490 rows of filings back to 2001. Get it here
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.