Tl;dr: Part of a collection of real examples of M&A investment banking slides. This blog covers Offer Summary slides. See the PowerPoint presentations investment bankers are paid millions for. No matter your job, or your aspirations, you can learn from these slides.
This is part of a collection of 67 free M&A presentations from the top 20 banks (based on ranking, and also the quality of presentation for you to learn from).
Collection of M&A slide examples
The main page for all the M&A resources is here.
I have broken out 827 examples of slides across 32 sections. You can click through to the section you want to learn about next here:
Is this blog for you?
Why the heck should you care? Investment banks (historically) attracted the best and the brightest.
- Slide structure/design: Learn how complicated concepts are structured and designed in PowerPoint
- Analysis approach: See exactly how complex financial methods are presented
- Strategy and communication: M&A deals are not (normally, other than many Duff and Phelps decks) cookie cutter. There’s a host of topics that need to be dealt with
- Morbid interest: I used to do this for a living, but it’s still interesting to see how PPT are made… but then maybe it’s just me and so FML 😉
Who this will help:
- You want to work in banking: There’s a lot of applicants. Knowing the job helps you answer questions
- You work in banking: Even if you’re an MD, you need to know how the best are structuring their thoughts/analysis
- You write presentations: You can’t buy learnings like this. You can learn from the slides
- You have a curious mind: Good for you
About Offer Summary slides
If you are on the sell-side (selling a company) then you sort of hope that you get an acquisition offer. So when you do, your client (who you are billing the crap out of) would reasonably expect that you are going to tell them what the offer is and whether it is a good deal. If you have more than one offer you will compare those offers.
Why these slides are made
Because it is your job. It’s literally the least you can do for your client to explain what the heck an offer is.
Comments on making these slides
You summarise what matters. At the start, you don’ know what matters. You learn. For a small deal, it’s pretty easy to do this stuff. Complexity creeps in when you are doing a huge ass deal where there are significant no-shop clauses with punitive fines etc.
Examples of Offer Summary slides
Want to learn more about investment banking presentations?
Want easy access to knowledge?
- Basic: Want to get a convenient file of all the 67 presentations? Get it here
- Premium: If you would love to learn more, you can buy an Excel with 374 presentations. Get it here
- Pro: For uber-nerds, you can buy a complete index of 3,490 rows of filings back to 2001. Get it here
Get in the game
Free tools and resources like this shipped to you as they happen.